Boeing will showcase its advanced range of defense technologies, products and service capabilities at this year’s Egypt Defence Expo (EDEX 2023).
Held under the patronage of His Excellency, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi, The President of The Arab Republic of Egypt and The Supreme Commander of the Egyptian Armed Forces, the third installment of the biennial event will take place December 4-7 at the Egypt International Exhibition Center in Cairo. Boeing is a Silver Sponsor of the show.
EDEX is a key international platform for Boeing – which arrives to the expo under the theme of “Connect, Protect, Sustain” – where it will again highlight its commitment to products and services that support and advance Egyptian and regional defense customers.
“We are proud of Boeing’s more than six-decade partnership with Egypt and look forward to conveying our commitment to the Egyptian government, armed forces customers and industry during EDEX 2023,” said Kuljit Ghata-Aura, President of Boeing Middle East, Türkiye and Africa.
“We are committed to supporting the defense and security needs of the Egyptian military and look forward to having discussions at EDEX about how Boeing’s advanced capabilities and services can meet the country’s requirements,” said Vince Logsdon, vice president, Global Business Development, Boeing Defense, Space & Security and Global Services. “Our partnership with the Egyptian Armed Forces goes back over 40 years and we are focused on supporting their existing and future fleet.”
Boeing’s partnership with the Egyptian Air Force started with the F-4 Phantom II fighter in 1979. Egypt currently operates AH-64D Apache and CH-47D Chinook helicopters to support its armed forces and for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts. The aircraft also participate in joint exercises with U.S. forces in the region.
At EDEX, Boeing will be showcasing:
- The F-15EX is the force of the future and the most capable multirole fighter aircraft in production today. With fly-by-wire flight controls, hypersonic weapon payload capacity and advanced cockpit systems, Boeing’s F-15EX is prepared to face future threats head-on. Equipped with open mission systems for quick and convenient technology upgrades, it is ready to take on the missions of today and tomorrow.
- The AH-64D Apache, the primary attack helicopter for 17 partner nations around the globe, including Egypt, has a reputation for being the most proven attack helicopter in the world. There are more than 1,200 Apache aircraft in operation at present, accumulating over 4 million flight hours.
- The KC-46A Pegasus is the world’s most advanced multi-mission aerial refueling aircraft. Built to meet the requirements of the U.S. Air Force and allies for the full spectrum of missions, the KC-46 Pegasus air refueling tanker delivers proven multi-mission capabilities today, and evolves to meet the needs of tomorrow.
- The T-7A Red Hawk is the only next-generation advanced training system that meets modern training, low-cost needs. Its digital design enables the cost-effective integration of advanced training capabilities that will drastically improve pilot training for the next generation of fighter and bomber pilots. Visitors to EDEX will have the opportunity to experience an AR cockpit demo of the T-7 trainer.
- The CH-47F Chinook is an advanced, multi-mission, tandem rotor, heavy-lift helicopter proven in cargo and troop transport, search and rescue, casualty evacuation, special operations, humanitarian and disaster relief. The Egyptian Air Force fleet presently operates CH-47D helicopters and signed a contract for 12 F-model Chinooks in 2022.
- The Insitu Scan Eagle is a long-endurance unmanned aerial system (UAS) with redefined intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance services for Group 2 UAS. Attendees will be able to view the eyes-in-the-sky air dominance device in the Boeing exhibit.
- Boeing’s Compact Laser Weapon System is a modular, high-energy laser system that provides proven air defense capabilities against unmanned aircraft systems.
Boeing will also showcase the Boeing Global Services portfolio and Next Generation Product Support, which includes sustainment, modifications and modernization, upgrades, training and maintenance services, many of which are deployed in support of governments in the region today.