PNS Zulifquar (FFG-251) is the lead ship of F-22P sword-class multi-mission guided missile frigates. She was designed and manufactured by Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding in Shanghai, for the Pakistan Navy. The vessel’s design is drived from the Type 053H3 frigate of Peoples Libration Army Navy (PLAN).
It is equipped with advance systems which provide better sea keeping, fuel economy, corrosion resistance and reduce acoustic and magnetic signatures. The ship is fitted with four diesel engines, driving twin CPPs and is capable of attaining 29 Knots of speed coupled with excellent maneuverability. The ship also carries a modern Z9EC anti-submarine warfare helicopter.
• 2 quad launcher with C-802A AShM,
• 1 octuple launcher with FM-90N (CH-SA-N-4) SAM,
• 2 triple 324mm ASTT with ET-52C (A244/S) LWT,
• 2 RDC-32 A/S rockets
• 1 Type 730B (H/PJ-12) CIWS,
• 1 76mm gun
• Capacity 1 Z-9C Haitun helicopter
• Air defence of a force operating at sea
• Interdiction of hostile surface combatants and commerce raiding
• monitoring and protection of EEZ
• Radiate combat power in the area of interest
• Undertake heliborne operations
Overall Length: 123.0 m
Breadth: 13.2 m
Depth: 10.20 m
Draught: 5.10 m
Displacement (Full Load): 2,980 tons
Speed: 29 knots
Range: 4,000 nautical miles
Umair Aslam is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Global Defense Insight. He has worked as a defense journalist reporting on military modernization programs, nuclear non-proliferation, arms control, and the South Asian Arms race.