Developed by Pakistan’s largest defense conglomerate, Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS), Shahpar-II (Block II) is an unmanned aircraft with armed capability. This unmanned aerial vehicle belongs to the Medium Altitude, Long Endurance (MALE) category of UAVs. It is designed to provide Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities, as well as an offensive strike capability with precision-guided munitions.
The Shahpar-II (Block-II) is equipped with a variety of sensors, including electro-optical (EO) and infrared (IR) cameras, as well as synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for all-weather, day-and-night surveillance. The UCAV can transmit real-time video and other data to ground stations, allowing operators to monitor and analyze the information in near-real-time.
It has a modular airframe structural design comprising of advanced composite and metallic hybrid structure with an improved aerodynamic design. Some of the notable features of the Shahpar system include its autonomous take-off and landing system, a robust autopilot scheme, user-friendly and comprehensive mission planning and management software suite, reliable data links, and the capability of integrating various types of EO payloads. EO payloads such as Nahl and Zumr-II are also produced by GIDS and are integrated with Shahpar-II UAV.
|Parameters||Block II (Surveillance)||Block II (Armed)|
|Endurance||20 hours||12 hours|
|Service Ceiling||23,000 ft||21,000 ft|
|Max Speed||220 Km/Hr||220 Km/Hr|
|Wing Span||31 ft||31 ft|
|Data Link Range||300Km (LoS)||300Km (LoS)|
|Data Link Range (SATCOM)||1500Km||1500Km|
|Weapon System||Not applicable||Total 4 AGMs. 2x AGMs of 45kg under each wing station|
- Improved Aerodynamics & Structure
- Enhanced Payload Options (i.e., COMINT / ELINT, SAR, EO/IR)
- SATCOM capable
- Mid-air Engine restart capability
- Equipped with ATC transponder / Provision of IFF
- Provision of internal Pilot
- Enhanced propulsion system
- Retractable Landing Gears
- Asymmetric Landing
- In Armed configuration, UAV is equipped with a total of 4 Air to Ground Missiles. 2x AGMs / weapon of 45kg under each wing station
- 3rd party AGM can also be integrated with Shahpar-II keeping in view carriage capacity, and integration feasibility.